Slider

The 7 Chakras

Saturday 15 February 2020


The Chakras are centers of energy that we find throughout our bodies. The word Chakra comes from the Sanskrit word meaning wheel
because it acts as a vortex, a disk of spinning energy where matter and consciousness meet. There are many chakras but here I'll explain the main 7 chakras.

The main 7 chakras are aligned along the spine starting from the base up to the crown of the head. An amazing thing about chakras is they are not situated randomly - each one of the chakras actually corresponds to a massive nerve center within the body.

Each chakra has it's own vibrational frequency which is translated into a specific color and it's own function. The chakras form a rainbow bridge at the core of our beings, connecting body, and spirit, mind, and matter, past, and future.



Root Chakra | Muladhara (red)


The root is the energy center of your foundation. It connects us to the physical world. Your anchor to your physical temple, the body. This chakra is associated with safety, security (including financial), physical needs, and our ability to manifest.

All chakras can become deficient (blocked, little to no energy) or excessive (too open, too much energy).

Feeling unsafe, constant financial strain, worry, fear, poor relationship to the body, inability to connect with the physical world or to manifest all indicate a deficient root.

Being overly greedy, materialistic, obsessed with success, lethargy and no motivation can suggest an excessive root.


How to balance the Root Chakra:

Deficient:
- Get out in nature with bare feet, connecting with the earth and breathe deeply.
- Try a grounding meditation (youtube has many to choose from)

Excessive:
- Move your body! Yoga, ecstatic dance...
- Tidy your home and have a clear out.


Affirmations:

- I am fully grounded and supported
- I have enough. I am enough. I know enough
- I joyfully nourish my mind, body, and spirit



Sacral Chakra | Svadhisthana (orange)


The sacral is responsible for the healthy flow of your emotions. It is the main center of your creativity, emotional intelligence, movement and flow!

The sacral chakra is also the home to our sexual energy and is one of the most powerful energies we have in our bodies. Sexuality is our life force and the sacred ritual of union between people. With a balanced sacral chakra, we can allow ourselves to take delight in the pleasure of sex as an integrated aspect of life and see intimacy as a form of communication.

If you are disconnected from your feelings, you lose out on so much wisdom and power and can create energetic and physical problems by ignoring and repressing emotions rather then letting them out.


How to balance the Sacral Chakra:

Deficient (little flow, low creativity, no sexual drive, resistance or pleasure.):
- Bring the energy back by dancing, moving your hips and allowing your body to move freely. Do it regularly till you are back in flow and connected with your power.
- Get creative, take an art class, start drawing

Excessive (overly emotional, sensitive, ruled by emotions, sex addiction, etc.):
- Start journaling your thoughts and feelings into a diary every day
- Make time for self-care


Affirmations:

- I forgive the past and I embrace my life fully
- I am creative and strong. I am capable
- I listen to my inner truth. I honor and care for myself



Solar Plexus Chakra | Manipura (yellow)


The solar plexus is the center of your personal identity which rules all aspects of your personality, self-esteem, and ego.

Your solar plexus chakra embodies the element of fire and your dynamic, transformative relationship to the outside world including the relationship with yourself. Through the process of transformation, your solar plexus chakra provides the body with fuel, energy and keeps it alive.


How to balance the Solar Plexus Chakra:


Deficient (little to no willpower, low self-esteem, victim mentality, lacks motivation.):
- Build up momentum and confidence by putting basic items on a daily to-do list, like brush teeth, walk the dog, etc. This will create charge and momentum and build up your willpower.
- Go for a 5-minute walk/jog in the morning.
- Start using loving affirmations about yourself, in the mirror or write it in your journal on a daily basis.

Excessive (manipulative, egotistical, jealousy, stubborn, perfectionism.):
- Try a 10-minute Kaki or Beak breathwork session. (Youtube has videos on this)


Affirmations:

- I am enough and what I do is enough
- I love myself, I value myself, I trust myself
- I am a powerful, radiant, magnificent being of light



Heart Chakra | Anahata (green)


The heart chakra is located in the center of your chest, It governs the right to love and be loved, connection, self-love, giving and receiving, intimacy and relationships.

The heart space is such a powerful source of joy, love, bliss, and connection. It can also be a space where we feel deep pain, longing, betrayal, and distrust. For that reason, so many of us have disconnected from our heart chakras. While this protects you from feeling negative emotions, it also blocks your ability to give and receive love as well as to feel true love, expansion, and joy in the world.


How to balance the Heart Chakra:


Deficient (numbness, coldness, fear of relationships, anti-social.):
- Try the heart-womb breathe technique. This will support both your heart and sacral chakra. (youtube for guide videos)


Excessive (love addiction, codependency, poor boundaries, jealousy.):
- Try EFT, also known as tapping, can allow you to clear out excess and stagnant energy. I recommend searching Brad Yates on YouTube for guided tapping.


Affirmations:

- I love and accept myself just the way I am
- I give and receive love effortlessly and unconditionally
- I deserve love, health and, happiness



Throat Chakra | Visuddha (blue)


The throat chakra governs our speech and speaking our authentic truth. It is closely connected to the sacral chakra and an outlet for creativity, truth and life force to be expressed. Shame and words unspoken can turn into energetic blocks and resistance in the throat chakra, sometimes giving a feeling of constriction or a lump in the throat.

An excessive throat chakra shows signs of struggling to listen, constantly interrupting, always thinking about what to say next when someone is talking to them.

A deficient throat chakra can be seen as not speaking your mind or your truth, fear of speaking, introversion, and shyness.


How to balance the Throat Chakra:

Deficient:
- Find a space where you can comfortably put on your favorite music and sing your heart out. You could try this in the car when driving home.
- Try finding some mantra's to chant every day.


Excessive:
- Set a timer for 10-20 mins using your favorite meditation app with music or just your phone timer. Relax and start breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth, long deep breaths.
- Start to visualize a bright blue light in your throat chakra, contained and held that space.
- Continue breathing and visualizing until your timer goes off.


Affirmations:

- I easily speak my truth
- I own my power and feel fully alive
- I am calm, confident and centered


Third Eye Chakra | Ajna (indigo)


The third eye governs our intuition, perceptions, imagination, and ability to visualize and dream.
Intuition is the ability to see things clearly, to understand and perceive at a deeper level than the consciousness or intellectual knowing. Everyone is intuitive and has certain abilities. Some are more in tune than others.
We all have different intuitive styles, some people just know things, some hear things, see beyond the physical plane and others have that gut feeling - it's all the same, intuition.

An overly active thrid eye will result in an over-active imagination, nightmares, and even hallucinations or delusions

A deficient third eye struggles with visualization, denial, poor memory and imagination, and a poor ability to see whats going on in situations.


How to balance the Third Eye Chakra:

Deficient:
- Draw a visual representation of the bodies chakra systems, this practice can help to open up your third eye and bring some energy to this space.


Excessive:
- Try a grounding meditation, this will bring the energy down through your chakras to the earth to balance it out.


Affirmations:

- I am guided by my inner wisdom
- I am connected with my highest truth
- I am always guided, safe and connected


Crown Chakra | Sahasrara (violet)


This chakra is your connection to God, Source, Divine Energy, The Universe, Spirit, A Higher Being...you can call it whatever feels right to you. It's our doorway to pure consciousness and our higher selves.

A deficient crown chakra is characterized by spiritual cynicism, rigid belief systems, greed, obsession with the material world, etc.

Dissociation from the body and the material world, head-in-the-clouds, spiritual addiction, overthinking and analyzing can all suggest excessive energy in the crown.


How to balance the Crown Chakra:

Deficient:
- Reconnect to spirituality by committing to a spiritual practice like 20 mins of silent meditation, daily.
- Re-discover or create your connection to the source by contemplating your thoughts on what it means to you.


Excessive:
- Reestablish a connection to your physical environment and body by doing a grounding meditation
- Walking in nature
- Clean out your space


Affirmations:

- I honor my body, the temple of my soul
- I am LOVE. I am JOY. I am FREEDOM. I am PEACE
- I am complete and one with divine source energy




I hope this information on the 7 chakra's is useful to you and you can try some of the activities to balance out your chakra's.

Thank You!





No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan