Slider

Homemade Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese

Saturday 28 July 2018

 

Home-made spaghetti bolognese always brings me back to childhood. I remember when my mum used to make it for my sister and I. And my dad used to make it when we went camping in the New Forest! My favourite homey meal and something I had to make a vegan version of.


1. To create this vegan version of bolognese you will want to pick up a good soy mince. I love the Sainsbury's own soy mince. Its flavour and texture recreate the original mincemeat used for bolognese. I like to add in a few veggies to bulk out the sauce (as usual) - onions and garlic of course!. For the sauce, you need tinned tomatoes, tomato paste and for the spices; 1/2 tsp thyme, 1/2 tsp basil, 1/2 tsp coriander, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp of chilli powder 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar, 1 bay leaf, 1 tsp salt and freshly grown black pepper.



2. Firstly prepare and chop the veggies, onion and garlic and add to the pan with some coconut oil.


3. Sauté the veggies on medium to high heat until they start to become soft.


4. Meanwhile, measure out all the spices into a little bowl for convenience.


5. Next, add the tomato sauce, tomato paste and the spices to the veggies and leave to simmer for 2 minute.


6. Now mix in the frozen soy mince and stir into the sauce. Put the lid half on and leave to simmer for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.


Now serve with pasta and a sprinkle of cheese over the top and enjoy!



I hope you enjoyed this weeks blog post and my vegan twist on my Mumma's classic Italian dish. Let me know if you try this and have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan