Slider

Homemade One-Pot Vegan Chilli

Saturday 16 June 2018


Even though it's summer, I still love hearty, yummy, warm foods for dinner time. This time, I made a vegan chili with soy mince, chickpeas and tons of veggies. It's so easy to tailor this to how you would like it. You can use any vegetables you like, you don't have to stick to what I used. I just chopped up all the leftover veggies I had in the fridge to use up as they where on their way out.
You can also use any spices you have, I chose a Jamaican jerk mixed spice that I had and it worked out quite well!



For this recipe, I used Sainsbury's soy mince - which tastes so good and is very realistic to the real thing! 1 can of chopped tomatoes, 1 can of baked beans, 1 can of chickpeas, salt & pepper, cumin, turmeric, Jamaican jerk spice, onion, garlic, mixed veggies of choice & coconut oil.


1. Chop up all the veggies into chunky pieces and grate the carrot into the pot.


2. Heat up some coconut oil in a pot and stir fry all the veggies until almost soft.


3. Add the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, baked beans, soy mince and the spices. I eyeballed the spices going off how much I like to taste, but I would recommend starting with a little bit and building it up to what tastes good to you.


4. Mix all together and leave to simmer on a low heat for 10 mins.


5. Serve with rice or naan bread and Enjoy!



I hope you enjoyed this super simple one-pot recipe; let me know what you thought down below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan