Slider

Date Night Dining | Batik Resturant, Seminyak // Bali Food Guide

Saturday 5 May 2018


I was lucky enough to be able to sit down for an amazing 3-course meal at Batik Resturant in Seminyak, Bali.
Going to Batik isn't just about the food, it's about the experience. What I thought was a fabulous touch was while waiting for your meal, you can go on a tour of the restaurant and learn the history and process of Batik.
I already knew some of the processes from learning Batik in my Art and Textile classes in college, But I had no idea about the history of Batik in Indonesia and the meaning behind various patterns that are created. It was fantastic to be able to learn about this stunning craft. Which is, unfortunately, a dying trade nowadays.

Regional Indonesian Batik Patterns

If you don't know already what Batik is, it is an ancient art of creating patterns on fabric using wax and dye. A process created by hand; drawing and repeating a pattern with wax using a canting pen or a stamp. Then, color is applied. This process can be repeated multiple times before the final pattern is finished.

Batik Stamps - these are stamped on the bottom of the fabric to show where it was made and who it was made by. These stamps decorate the bar, a beautiful touch.

I love that Batik showcases this beautiful art form and celebrates the cultural heritage. This is reflected in everything from the clothes the staff wear, to the furniture and decoration. So much thought has gone into making this a wonderful atmosphere to enjoy a lovely meal.


Batik offers incredible Thai, Vietnamese and Indonesian dishes. Their chefs have been flown to Thailand and Vietnam to learn from the best local chefs so they can bring that authentic taste to Bali. They are happy to cater to whatever dietary requirement you have. With vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free choices. All food is certified Halal also.


We started off with a selection of their appetizers. They were all so delicious, the perfect start to our meal. I especially loved the hummus...The best I've had in Bali!

Lumpia - Indonesian Veggie Spring Roll

Tahu Isi Tofu - Indonesian Veggie Stuffed Tofu

Thai Hummus & Pitta Bread

For our mains, I chose a Vegetable Yellow Thai Curry. It was so yummy, very creamy and full of flavour. It was mild, so it's perfect if you're not into spicy food. Imin had the Steamed Barramundi with a tom yum sauce. It looked delicious and Imin said it was! Great flavour and use of herbs, So he left happy! 


Thai Yellow Curry

Steamed Barumandi with Tom Yum Broth and Rice

We don't usually do dessert but we thought we would go all out this time and try this gooey chocolate dessert (Has to be chocolate!).
Paired with the vanilla ice cream it was the perfect sweet end to a lovely meal.




I thoroughly enjoyed my meal here at Batik and I know it's somewhere I will definatly go again. Batik is the perfect place for a date night with your loved one or a fancy lunch out with your girlfriends. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for great South East Asian cuisine and a high-quality dining experience. 


Batik on Facebook
Batik on Instagram




14 comments:

  1. Some truly nice and useful info on this web site , as well I believe the design has got fantastic features. packages lahore

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you have observed some very interesting points, appreciate it for the post. Cooking

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading. I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well! The Junction House Bali Breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. pulled pork ricetta

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can definitely see your excitement in the pieces you write. The world hopes for more passionate bloggers like you who aren’t afraid to say how they think. Always follow your heart.  www.mykioskey.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy looking through and I conceive this website got some truly useful stuff on it! . https://www.continental-delight.com.sg/Continental delight

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I simply say what a relief to uncover somebody that in fact knows what theyre preaching about online. You certainly learn how to bring a concern to light and earn it essential. The best way to ought to check out this and understand this side on the story. I cant think youre not more well-liked simply because you undoubtedly hold the gift. restaurants

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you have shared the amazing blog and its information about food restaurant. as we also provide lunch cafe Maumee at affordable prices. for more info visit our website

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. get instagram likes free app

    ReplyDelete
  10. In the event that you are keen on Arabic, learn Quran on the web, and Islamic investigations; these Islamic examinations and you need to get familiar with an encouraging path without going out. Try not to be uncertain, take your choice and go along with us promptly for our online classes. https://patendo.com/cara-membuat-merek/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your visitor can likewise hear everything, for example, cooks contending in the kitchen or the chief hollering at a worker. Would you truly like to uncover your filthy clothing to your clients? Restaurant discount app

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post  asianfriendly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Midtown Atlanta brags a number extraordinary dining decisions. There are some significant time-frame Atlanta top picks just as popular new cafés. Some are situated in Atlantic Station, midtown's head shopping, dining, and amusement complex. centerville iowa motels

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dining sets are not finished when they don't have the best seats to coordinate the sort and the situation with the dining table. Vakantiehuis

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan