Slider

Creating Balance in a Hectic World

Saturday 3 August 2019


"Balance is not something you find, it's something you create."

It's easy to get carried away with work, plans, too much go time and too much downtime.
Creating the perfect balance between all the things you love and things you have to do to survive is the key, and it isn't always easy.

This is still something I am working on, but nobody is perfect so I wanted to share with you what I have learned so far in creating balance in all areas of my life.

Having balance is important to me because sometimes I find myself getting carried away with other tasks and then I start to feel overwhelmed that I am neglecting the other things I class as important in my life. Especially since I am a digital nomad, my own boss and have my fingers in a few pies - I set my own deadlines and have a lot of 'projects' going at one time, so having a balanced work-life is super important to me.


1. Ditch The Big To-Do List

I love a to-do list as much as the next person, but these tend to grow dust in your notebook and can make you feel overwhelmed like you just don't know where to begin.

Start your day or even the night before, writing a shortlist with 5 task max. Focus on getting these 5 things done a day and once you're done, celebrate and relax. The next day you can carry on with a further 5 things. This way you will be more productive with your work time and still have the rest of the day to do the things you love.
B A L A N C E



2. Schedule in Down Time

It's easy to get consumed by work and forget that as humans we are on this planet to enjoy our lives, so block out time to relax and kickback. Watch that Netflix show you like, all without feeling guilty for not being up working. You are allowed to take time off and you should. For your health and your mental health and general wellbeing. The key is for it to be guilt-free and you're not constantly thinking how much work you need to do and what you should be doing right now.

This is where my first point comes in, 5 important tasks a day - that's all, and by the end of the month you will be thru that big to-do list.

Work-Life balance is so important.
R E S T



3. Get Out in Nature

Mother Nature...Oh, how we forget your power! Leave your phone at home and go for a stroll in the greenery. Breathe it all in and ground yourself. Feel the inner calm of being out in nature, and do this often.

Grounding yourself in nature and releasing stress is the quickest way of creating balance in your life.
N A T U R E



4. Meditation

Meditation and breathwork is an amazing tool for balancing you, your emotions and the way you react to the world.

Adding it into your daily routine is essential. Whenever you are feeling overwhelmed, stressed, anxious or in need of guidance - taking that quiet moment to reflect and dive deep, connecting to the source and your inner self is a wonderful way to create balance deep inside.
This will reflect in your daily life when it comes to challenging situations. Return to your breath and your power and remember to do everything with love.
B R E A T H E



5. Joy List

Write down all the things that bring you true joy. When are you at your happiest? What is it you're doing? Where is it? Something that brings you peace, pure joy, and happiness. Write it all down and start doing these things every, single day.

You deserve to do these things in your life and put yourself first, for you cannot help others if you are not in your best state. It is not selfish to do things for you, You need looking after too.
J O Y




No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan