Slider

Body Confidence

Saturday 24 November 2018


"What holds you back is not what you are, It's what you think you aren't."
When I was in Australia I was shooting for blog content every day. This was one of the first time's I've had photos of myself taken and I wasn't comfortable posing in front of the camera. One of the days I wasn't liking the photos I was getting. I noticed I was thinking negatively about my physical appearance and basically talking shit to myself.

I started to feel really anxious and just wanted to stop. I knew I didn't want to feel this way so I sat down, text my best friend and wrote in my journal about how I was feeling. I knew this was totally stupid to be getting upset about these things and I had to change my mindset.


There are girls on my Instagram who look like me and absolutely boss their photographs and look amazing, so I know its possible for me too. I just had to get out of my head and believe in myself. It's not healthy to walk around every day always conscious about the way you look because at the of the day does it really matter? No, it does not.

You just need to make the decision to love yourself no matter what you look like. Think about the person you wish to become, the best version of yourself. What would she do? You need to start doing the things the best You would do. Start to not give a fuck what other people's opinions are because all that matters is yours.



It makes all the difference by changing the perspective you look at the situation. When a negative thought enters your head, tell it to fuck off and change it to a positive one.
You are amazing, you are beautiful, you are powerful and smart. Repeat these positive affirmations to yourself every day, change that voice in your head to a good one.
I have a whole blog post dedicated to positive affirmations, you can read that here.

We are all individual souls, dealing with our own shit and we are unique in our own ways, so there is no point in comparing your image or life to others. We are all on our own journey.


These photographs are ones I took a few days later and I think I look great in them and more importantly I felt great while taking them! I wasn't letting insecure thoughts take over I was just out there, living my best life on a beautiful beach, feeling fabulous and just enjoying myself!

Confidence comes from fully believing in yourself. Knowing you are worthy of love and knowing you deserve nothing but the best. Embrace every bit of you and be grateful for all you have already.
It's not all bad and ultimately it's not as much of a big deal as it feels at the time.





2 comments:

  1. I LOOOOVE your posts! <3 Much love, your biggest fan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww thank you girly!! Glad someone is reading ;) hehe <3

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan