Slider

My Experience Getting My Eyebrows Micro-bladed

Monday 1 October 2018

My eyebrows before and after the 1st treatment.

Microblading is a semi-permanent procedure used to mimic the effect of real brow hairs, creating the appearance of natural and fuller looking brows.
I had my eye on getting this done for a while. I was following a girl called Sarah on Instagram who has her own salon offering microblading amongst other things. This year I decided to take the leap and go for it!


I always used to fill in my brows because even though I had a decent amount of hair on my brows, they were still a bit sparse in places and very blonde, when I prefer them darker.

I decided to go with the 'Combination' brow option that Sarah offers at https://sdhmakeup.com/ .
This option is best for people with oily skin and also, I liked the finish of this particular style of microblading. It mixes the traditional microblading of creating hair strokes, with a digital machine that gives the shading and a blended ombre effect.

Before my procedure, I popped in for a patch test, which is super important to do before any type of facial treatment because you definitely don't want to find out you're allergic after the procedure is done!

My eyebrows right after the 1st treatment.

At the beginning of the procedure, Sarah drew my perfect eyebrow shape on using makeup and carefully measured out my brows to make sure they where symmetrical.
I was happy with how they were shaped and we started on the microblading first. Sarah applied numbing cream to the area but I was still able to slightly feel the first cut, it wasn't painful, but it was uncomfortable and it did trigger me to start sneezing! Which is very common during this procedure.
The digital machine was not painful at all and much easier on the skin than with the blade. Numbing cream was applied throughout so by the end I couldn't feel what she was doing at all!
In total the whole procedure was about an hour. I was given my aftercare sheet and was sent home. I'd be back within 6 weeks for my top up!

At first, the aftercare seems overwhelming, but you get used to the new routine! I stuck the aftercare paper on my bathroom wall, as a reminder to not get my brows wet and to also remind me to do the aftercare.
It is the first 10 days that you have to really be mindful about what you're doing. Absolutely no water on the brows, so be careful when washing your face or washing your hair. No smoking, no sweating, no cleaning to name a few!
The care for them is quite simple, similar to caring for a normal tattoo. A little bit of water and witch hazel on a cotton pad and a bit of coconut oil to keep them moisturised and remember, NO PICKING. This is a bit hard when the brows are coming to the 2-week mark and the dry skin is coming off in big bits. It's tempting but don't!



Brows after 1 Week






Brows after 11 Days

At the 11 day mark, you can defiantly see some of the dryness and scabbing and they have began to lighten up as the pigment settles in my skin.

Brows after 6 weeks

I had no problems during the healing of my brows and I loved the way they turned out.
The looked exactly like how I had always done my own brows and they still looked really natural.

I went back for a top up 6 weeks after the initial treatment. This time around the whole process took about half an hour. Sarah added some more brush strokes with the blade and went over the areas where she did the digital machine. I opted for a slightly darker colour this time because I felt my brows were a little bit lighter than I wanted. This darker colour also holds up better in the sun. Which is perfect for me because I spend the majority of the year in Bali.




Brows 2 weeks after top up.

I am really happy with how my eyebrows have turned out and would 100% recommend Sarah at SDH Makeup if you live in the Herts and Essex area. She's amazing!
It has definitely cut my makeup time down and also I love that when I don't have any makeup on, I still have brows!
If you have any questions please contact me!




https://sdhmakeup.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan