Slider

The Benefits of a Daily Yoga Practice

Saturday 4 May 2019


Since the beginning of the year, I have been incorporating Yoga into my daily routine.

I've dabbled into yoga in the past and really enjoyed it. My first encounter was back in high school when we started doing yoga in our PE lessons.
This was where I realised how great it felt to do yoga, a time to calm your mind and stretch your body.

After that, I tried classes every now and then, but since being in Bali where the spiritual yogi lifestyle is so prevalent I've dived deeper into the benefits, the history and the meaning of yoga for what it really is - and not just a good workout.

I've heard of lots of people recommend Yoga With Adriene on YouTube and it wasn't until the beginning of this year when I thought, Okay, I'll finally check her out.
She was doing a 30 day Yoga Challenge that started at the beginning of January - the perfect time to start something new and challenge yourself.
I have fallen in love with the way she teaches, and the flow's she creates. I love practising yoga in my own space with her as my guide, way more than going to a yoga studio and practising with 20+ people.



Making time for a consistent yoga practice has really transformed the way I feel! Taking time for myself to move and breathe has improved my mental health and slowly my body. I even want to take my yoga practice further by completing a 30-day yoga teacher training in India, in the near future.

You don't have to be an expert or super flexible or a certain body type to do Yoga, it is for everyone at every age and fitness level. Here are some of the benefits you can experience from encouraging yoga into your daily routine.







Reduced Stress/Anxiety Levels

Better Posture, Strength and Flexibility

Improved Concentration

Mood Booster

Boosts Your Immune System

Aids in Detoxifying the Body

Helps You Practice Mindfulness

Calms Your Mind

Ignites Your Creativity

Connect with Yourself

Enhances Energy

Weightloss

Develops Inner Peace

Improves Metabolism

Improves Your Quality of Sleep

Helps With Backpain

Reduce Inflammation and Improve Heart Health

Better Control over Emotions and Challenges You Face in the Day



This is just a handful of the amazing benefits you can get from yoga, There is so much more! I would recommend anyone to try it. Don't be scared just go in with an open heart and open mind and relax into it.

"When you practice yoga once a week, you change your mind.
When you practice yoga twice a week you change your body.
When you practice yoga every day, you change your life."








Photos from Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan