Slider

Vegan Lunch Prep

Wednesday 6 January 2016

I have had tri-colour Quinoa sitting un used in my pantry so I thought I'd put it to use! So I made a Quinoa salad with Thai Cakes. 
Quinoa is a gluten free whole grain that is packed with protein, fibre and various vitamins and minerals. So it's a great substitute from rice with much more benefits.  


Use 1 cup of Quinoa to 2 cups of boiling water on the stove and bring to the boil. Add in a crumpled vegetable sock cube for flavour. Leave to simmer with lid on until Quinoa has absorbed all the water and is fluffy. Leave to stand with lid on and heat off for 5 mins. 

While quinoa is cooking, chop up ingredients you want to add to the salad. I used a green pepper, fresh rocket and baby tomatoes. I also stir fried half a chopped white onion and mixed that in. 


Transfer quinoa to a bowl and mix in the other ingredients, add a pinch of salt and good amount of freshly ground black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.


While this was cooking I put 2 Veggie Delights Thai Chilli & Lime Cakes in the oven ready to be added on top of the Quinoa. 


I also prepped some watermelon by chopping it into cubes. This is a tasty and easy fruit to snack on through the day, along side a banana too and of course staying hydrated all day by drinking a lot of water! 

I hope you enjoy this super easy and tasty lunch! 
Let me know what you think. :) 


-Nikki

1 comment:

  1. Thinking to plan you trip to Paris then, there are several websites are available through which you can easily plan. Disneyland Paris trip planning, you should read before going on the trip. For more details you can visit on disneyland paris trip planning

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan